Friday, December 18, 2009

I don't mind, I forgive you

So as soon as I get to school yesterday morning, my husband gives me a call. He tells me that my girl has something to tell me.

A - Hey Mommy.
M - Hey baby. What are you doing?
A - Mommy, I got the Tinkerbell movie for Christmas! And a princess puzzle!
M - What do you mean you got a movie? How do you know that?
(Matt in the background: Tell Mommy what you did while I was in the shower.)
A - I unwrapped the presents Mommy!

I couldn't help but laugh. I know I probably should have been sad that she now knows some of the things she is getting, but I wasn't. The funny part is that I don't know how she knew which gifts to open. I had wrapped everything in the same paper, and I had purposefully not shown her which gifts were hers. Yet, somehow, she knew right where hers were under the tree.

Ashlyn must have been thinking all day of her actions and felt a lot of remorse, because when she finally came home last night, the 1st thing she did was go to the tree.
A- I'm sorry for unwrapping them Mommy.
M - That's ok baby.
A - Please don't give me a spanking.
M - I'm not going to honey. I hadn't told you to leave them alone. I'll just wrap them again, I don't mind.
A - (A big smile on her face) Oh Mommy, I don't mind for you to wrap them again. I forgive you Mommy!

No comments: