Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No going back

Ashlyn and I went through our "baby" closet on Sunday. I told her that Addelyn Kate would be here soon and that we needed to get out all of her (Ashlyn's) old baby things.

Ashlyn kept walking into the closet, retrieving things and saying, "My Addelyn Kate is going to need this Mommy" or " I want my baby sister to have this now because I'm too big." She was being just precious the whole time. Ashlyn then decided to go upstairs. A few minutes later I hear her at the top of the steps...

A - Mommy! Please help me carry this down here.
I look up and realize Ashlyn has grabbed a stroller, babydoll, and a handful of other toys/items from her room.
M - What are you doing with those Ashlyn?
A - I want my baby sister to have these things. They are too little for me now.
M - Well Ashlyn, that is so kind of you!
A - Yeah, I think she will like these things a lot!
but Mommy...
I think I'll need to get these back when she "goes back" into your tummy.

Oh Ashlyn, once she gets here, there is NO going back!

No comments: