Monday, September 6, 2010

There is none righteous, no not one (not even Mommy!)

In trying to ready both the girls for bed, I had to use a very stern voice towards Ashlyn on more than one occasion. She was definitely not being obedient the first time.

As we lay in her bed and get ready to pray, Ashlyn lets me know that I am the one who needs prayer ;)

A - Mommy, you need to tell Jesus you are sorry for using ugly words at me in the bathroom.
M - What do you mean Ashlyn?
A - You were being mean to me when I was getting ready for bed.
M - Do you mean my voice sounded unkind?
A - Yes. That is not very nice and you need to ask Jesus to forgive you.
M - Ashlyn, mommmy was not using unkind words. I was just telling you what you needed to do to be ready for bed. You weren't listening, so I had to make my voice sound different to get your attention.
A - Well Mommy, the Bible says that ALL have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God, so you need to ask Jesus to forgive you.

No comments: