Monday, November 30, 2009

Fighting babies

As I walked up the stairs, I realized that THE drawer is open in my kitchen. Now, for those of you who don't know, THE drawer contains my spanking spoon. Ashlyn usually stays far away from it. So, I begin to track down my little girl, knowing that she has it somewhere.

I step down the hall and look into her room. I honestly had to step back out to keep from laughing and then regain my composure before asking Ashlyn what she was doing.

The view looks like this -

Baby doll Andrea is faced down on the rug with the spanking spoon sitting next to her, while baby doll Kaitlyn is propped up next to the bed as if she is watching the whole scene unfold.

M - Ashlyn, did you get into my drawer?
A - uh huh.
M - What are you doing with the spanking spoon?
A - Well...Mommy...Andrea was hitting the other babies and so I had to give her a spanking!
M - Ashlyn...only Mommy or Daddy give a spanking, not you honey.
M - By the way, what is Kaitlyn doing?
A - She is just watching to make sure she stays in time out for now.

No comments: